Yoga is a holistic approach to enhance your physical as well as spiritual life. For a proper practice of yoga proper yoga mats are highly essential as they provide proper balance to the practitioners on the ground.
Before you buy any yoga mat, there are few things that you need to take into consideration. These are as follows.
- In the first place the mat should be light weighted and easy to carry.
- It should be health safe, eco-friendly and durable.
- It should be durable in nature.
- It should be non-slip, comfortable, supported and safe.
- The mat should have excellent sweat – absorbent properties.
- The mat should be easily washable.
- The size of the mat should be appropriate according to your physical size and the yoga practices.
- Ensure that your yoga mats are non-toxic and bio-friendly.
- Ensure that your yoga mats should possess no ozone depleting substances and be PVC free.
- By choosing the appropriate mat, you will provide yourself with an environment in which you can work your way to the spirituality that yoga has to offer.
Types of yoga mats
Sticky mats provide firmness and constancy while performing different forms of yoga. They do have guidelines to help an individual with accurate foot and hand placements.
These mats are specifically designed to be used while traveling. They are very light weighted and are very thin.
Ultra Double Thickness Mats
Ultra Double Thickness Mats are ultra thick. These mats offer great stability and cushioning. These mats are beneficial for trainers who are required to shift from one pose to another.
Cotton mats are the best for various types of yoga, which develop excess heat in the body causing the body to sweat. These mats can easily absorb sweat and keep an individual from sliding and slipping.
Benefits of Yoga mats
- By sitting on a yoga mat you can be ensured of the fact that your clothes will not get soiled.
- The yoga mats give you stability while practicing different postures.
- Yoga mats are portable and are very easy to manage. You can use the yoga mats anywhere and everywhere.