Headache can be caused by many reasons. stress, increased blood pressure, acidity, sleeplessness, tension, eye problem, sinusitis, fever etc cause headache. So many treatments are available to treat headache. But through various yogic techniques you can avoid and control headache.
Here are some yogic techniques to treat headache effectively:
Bhramri paranayam: Practice this technique in fresh air and a calm environment.
- Close both the eyes and inhale deeply.
- Close ears with both palms.
- Concentrate on agya chakra between the eye-brows.
- Raise you head upward.
- Exhale slowly, with mouth closed, make humming sound of a bee, while reciting omâ€ mentally.
- Repeat this technique 10 times.
Kunjal kriya: This technique is used when headache is caused due to acidity.
- Stand and drink at least six glasses of lukewarm water as quickly as possible until the stomach is full and this will produce an urge to vomit.
- Lean forward with neck as horizontal as possible.
- Open mouth and put the middle and index fingers of the right hand as far back on the tongue as possible.
- Gently rub or press on the tongue and this will cause the water to be vomited out.
- When the vomiting stops in between, place the fingers in the mouth and repeat the process.
- Continue until the stomach is empty.
Yogic exercise for headache:
- Sit comfortably and keep your head and back straight.
- Stretch face muscles, eyes and head muscles upwards while taking a deep and long breath inside.
- Restrain your breath for few seconds.
- Release the breath slowly and relax.
- Repeat it for 5 to 6 times.