Veera means a warrior. The practice of this asana helps in increasing your appetite. This asana also develops the spirit of adventure, enthusiasm and bravery in those who practice it. This asana helps in breath-control. So those who practice singing are advised to practice this asana. This asana is best suitable for practicing pranayama.
How to practice:
- Sit on the floor. Keep your body erect and eyes straight.
- Bend either of your legs at the knee and place your heel below the anus.
- Bend the other leg at the knee and place it on the thigh of former leg.
- Extend your arms forward in line with your shoulders and put them on your head.
- Keep your loins, neck and head in a vertical straight line.
- Breathe slowly and normally.
- Hold this position for 8 seconds. Then assume the posture as in the original position.
- Bend the other leg and perform this posture again.
- You should repeat this asana six times in a day.