Fixing the two big toes on the ground, rising up the heels in the air and placing your anus on your heels is called Utkatasana. In the final position of this Asana, your hips remain a little raised. Therefore this position is called Utkatasana. This asana keeps your Calf muscles healthy. It also helps in removing constipation and nervous weakness of your lower extremities. If you are suffering from muscle pull, you should not practice it.
How to practice:
- Stand erect with your legs together. Put your hands by the side of your thighs. Gaze in front.
- Place your legs about one foot apart. Raise your arms straight in front up to the shoulder level and your palm should face downward.
- Raising your heels, stand on the toes and slowly sit putting your weight on the toes.
- Put both your hands on respective knees.
- After sometime, while returning, raise your arms from your knees up to the shoulder level.
- Keeping balance, stand erect on your toes. Now slowly place your heels on the ground.
- Bring your hands by the side of your thighs. Keeping legs together, return to the original position.