This is a traditional posture, but it is not referred in old yoga texts. In this asana, hands will be brought near legs. So it is called Padahastasana. It is effective in treating indigestion, pain in hip joints, stiffness of spine and breathing problem. This asana is not advisable for those who suffer from high blood pressure, acidity and heart disease.
How to practice:
- Stand erect, bring your legs together, keep your hands by the side of your thighs. Gaze in front.
- Slowly bend forward, as much you can.
- Bend a little more. Now try to place your palms, with your fingers pointing forward, on the ground on the either side of your legs.
- Place your forehead between your knees.
- After some time, return to the original position.