For serious, trained and long time practitioners, yoga practice at home is no doubt a best thing. But people who practice yoga in a group gain more benefits than home practitioners.
Here are some top benefits of group yoga practice:
- One of the hardest things about yoga and meditation practice is keeping consistency. In home many people can’t maintain a systematic regular practice. This is where group yoga practice is especially helpful.
- Group yoga practice encourages the beginners.
- In group yoga a fixed time is always maintain, where in home sometimes it is difficult to maintain the time.
- In home sometime you may face irregularities but in group practice you have to follow the rules of the group.
- In a group or class atmosphere you will not only practice yoga but, you will do it with greater interest and intensity.
- In group practice you can come in contact with many people, their experiences and thoughts on group practice, meditation, living a spiritual life etc. This is a great way to make progress on the spiritual path.
- You can share your yoga books, DVDs, all other valuable things needed for yoga with others. This attitude directly or indirectly influences your life towards a spiritual dimension.
- In group practice you can get many chances to make new friendships with like minded people. Generally, you and your fellow yogis will have a similar way of thinking which gravitate towards wholesome and holistic living.