- Virasana (Hero Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
- Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
- Naukasana (Boat Pose)
- Balasana (Child Pose)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Five Yoga Basics
Beginners should focus on getting the following five yoga basics right to reap the best benefits from their practice. The five tenets are:
- Right or proper exercise
- Right breathing
- Right relaxation
- Right diet
- Meditation and positive thinking
Different types of yoga:
There are different types of Yoga. The important ones are karma yoga, jnana yoga, bhakti yoga and rhaja yoga.
- Karma yoga – Giving of oneself without the expectation of any reward is karma yoga.
- Jnana yoga – The different illusions of the world are unveiled by the philosophical approach known as Jnana yoga.
- Bhakti yoga – The emotional energy is channelized into the spiritual practice.
- Rhaja yoga – It mainly covers mind matters and concentration. Hatha yoga which comes under rhaja yoga is a physical practice and covers the various physical exercises practiced by people.
Some benefits to know more about yoga:
- Self awareness and mind control are the spiritual aspects of yoga whereas asanas, kriyas, mudras and pranayama are the physical aspects of yoga.
- Yoga is very beneficial in the treatment of many diseases such as diabetes, arthritis, asthma, digestive disorders, heart problems and many more.
- Yoga improves the posture of the body. It stimulates the important glands and eliminates the toxic substances from the body.