Simple Yoga Poses for Relaxation
- Shavasana (Corpse pose) to provide relaxation for body and mind.
- Balasana (Child pose) to provide mental and physical relaxation.
- Yoga Nidra (yogic sleep) to induce sound sleep.
Simple Yoga Poses for Pranayama/Meditation
- Padmasana (Lotus pose), unarguably the best pose in which to practice meditation and pranayama. But, this pose can be difficult for inflexible people.
- Vajrasana (Diamond pose), you can do this pose after meals to improve digestion. People who cannot sit in Padmasana, can instead adopt for Vajrasana while doing pranayama.
- Sukhasana (Easy pose), This pose is recommended for pranayama and meditation if you cannot sit in the above two poses.
Simple Standing Poses
- Konasana cures joint inflammation and arthritis.
- Trikonasana relieves back pain and joint problems.
- Tadasana increases height and is great for stretching.
Simple Supine Poses
- Markatasana to increase flexibility of the back.
- Pavanmuktasana prevents wind formation and gives relief from acidity and stomach gas.
- Uttanpadasana cures intestinal problems, indigestion and wind troubles.
- Padotanasana promotes the health of the large intestine and good metabolism.
Simple Prone Poses
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) increases the flexibility of the spine and promotes facial beauty.
- Shalabhasana promotes a flexible spine and cures abdomen troubles.
- Sarpasana gives a good massage to the abdominal organs and reduces fat in the body.
- Dhanurasana (Bow pose) provides a good exercise to the endocrine glands, spine and abdomen.
Simple Sitting Poses
- Kamarchakrasana improves the flexibility of the lower back and removes fat from the hips and abdomen area.
- Janushirasana (Head to knee pose) improves the flexibility of the back bone and exercises the back muscles.
- Yoga mudra is great for ladies as it helps them retain their youthfulness and beauty.
- Mandukasana is ideal for diabetes patients as it cures the disease with consistent practice.
- Ushtrasana (Camel Pose) cures ailments of the spine, shoulders and neck.