Surya Namaskar and its health benefits
or sun salutation is a series of 12 poses that are performed gracefully in a sequence. Even yoga beginners can easily do surya namaskar. Two sets of these poses form a complete round. In this article, we reveal the numerous benefits of this pose. Get cracking and start doing the sun salutation poses today to gain physically, mentally and spiritually.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar
- Morning practice removes stiffness, revitalizes the body and makes the mind fresh and enthusiastic. During the day, it will boost your energy and at night it will relax you.
- Surya namaskar improves balance, posture and flexibility, and benefits ligaments and joints. You also become mentally and emotionally rejuvenated.
- These poses stimulate the cardiovascular, digestive and nervous systems.
- They facilitate normal functioning of the pituitary, parathyroid and thyroid glands.
- Surya Namaskar relieves stress, improves concentration and gives inner peace.
- Insomnia sufferers can benefit as surya namaskar will enable them to sleep soundly without using external aids.
More Health Benefits of Surya Namaskar
- All the important yoga health benefits are packaged and provided concisely in surya namaskar.
- The heart is strengthened as sun salutation oxygenates blood.
- It is a great antidote to anxiety and tension.
- Depression is alleviated as surya namaskar boosts physical and mental energy and enthusiasm.
- The neck, back and shoulder muscles are thoroughly exercised.
- The respiratory system is stimulated.
- The flexibility of hips and back is improved and the spine gets toned.
- The forward stretches exercise the leg muscles.
- Wrist and hand muscles are strengthened.
- It can be used as a warm-up exercise to get the blood and energy flowing.
- It is suitable to people at all levels of fitness.
- You will feel a sense of purpose and well-being through regular practice.
- You will become spiritually aware of the interconnectedness between your body, mind and spirit.
- More sets of surya namaskar will burn away extra fat and lead to weight loss.
- Sun salutation enhances beauty by making the face smooth and charming.
- Constipation, indigestion and other stomach problems are resolved.
- Women’s uterus gets purified.
The benefits of surya namaskar are immense and can be obtained by devoting just a few minutes for daily practice. Even if you do not have the time for a full yoga session, you can benefit by just doing a few rounds of sun salutation, as these sequential poses encapsulate the entire range of yoga benefits in a compact, holistic package.