What is Yoga Music?
Listening to music is one of the best methods to get relaxation. In particular, yoga music has a gentle and calming influence. Yoga music is often played in many studios during classes. It serves to soothe and relax the yoga practitioners.
Types of Yoga Music
This includes sounds of rain falling, birds singing and ocean waves. This type of music is utilized in white-noise machines in order to block unpleasant sounds.
Guided Imagery Music
This type of music is especially useful for Savasana (Corpse Pose), yoga nidra (yogic sleep) and meditation. A soft voice narrates the details to be practiced, and soft music lulls you meanwhile.
Sanskrit mantras are chanted to center the mind and focus thoughts. This can lead you to deeper stages of meditation.
Benefits of Yoga Music
Research reveals that soothing music can reduce anxiety, depression, insomnia, breathing rate, blood pressure and heart rate.
Yoga music promotes calmness and relaxation during meditation. This will help you reach deeper into your mind and experience more calm states. Yoga music integrates the mind and body, hence is used while practicing hatha yoga. Practitioners gain deep awareness of their body and mind. They start to perceive greater harmony in their movements.
Yoga Music for Insomnia
Insomnia sufferers can use yoga music to get rid of their sleepless condition. Research reveals that relaxing music promotes sleep which is of better quality, more efficient and for longer duration. Daytime dysfunction is also reduced.
More Benefits of Yoga Music
Yoga music is one of the most important parts of yoga, and there are countless reasons why one should use yoga music while practicing yoga.
- The basic purpose of yoga music is to help you with the practicing of yoga, as it helps with the relaxation and meditation techniques.
- Yoga means “union” and music helps to encourage a uniting of spirit, soul, body and the senses.
- Yoga music CDs section feature rhythms, chanting, mantras and sounds associated with each of the body’s seven chakras.
- If you follow a form of yoga that emphasizes transition from one posture to the next, you may find that rhythm can help in your routine.
- Yoga music has a close connection with breathing techniques which make pranayama sessions more effective.
- Yoga music works as a great inspiration for many people to understand the values of yoga.
- Yoga combined with yoga music works as a great stress buster.
- Listening to yoga music before, during and after performing yoga exercises will help you relax and become more aware of your surroundings.
- Yoga music has great healing effects on the body. According to experts, the right kind of yoga music can guide you into deep meditation where the healing starts and deep meditation can help you let go of stress, anxiety and depression which ultimately cures all mental and physical problems.
- The union of the senses is not complete without sound. Your union with yoga music can make you a better yogi.
Select Your Yoga Music
Depending on your mood and tastes, you can choose the music. If you want to get more energy, listen to upbeat music. To focus your mind, play mantras for meditation. To get relaxation, choose guided imagery talks and music.
How to Find Yoga Music
Ask your yoga teacher what music he/she was playing. Yoga music can be bought online at iTunes, Amazon and many other sites.