Transformation With Jivamukti Yoga
Let us know about the creators of Jivamukti yoga before learning about the transformation with jivamukti yoga. Sharon Gannon and David Life are the two people who are the creators of jivamukti yoga. The term Jivamukti comes from the Sanskrit words Jiva meaning individual soul and mukti meaning liberation. The term Jivamukti means liberation while living. Jivamukti is one of the major yoga workouts among all the other asanas.
What is Jivamukti Yoga?
Just like a lot of other Yoga styles, Jivamukti style helps in increasing flexibility of the body. It has three basic components that should be incorporated into every practice session. These are flexibility training, cardiovascular workouts and weight training. A beginner can be guided to use and improve in all these three. But as an individual progresses further, the amount of time spent on cardiovascular and weights should be increased and the exercises should be more intense to be able to make progress. It is, however, difficult to make much changes in the exercises for flexibility over a period of time.
Each session of Jivamukti Yoga usually has a theme. This theme is explored through Asana (postures), Pranayama (breathing exercises), understanding of Yogic scriptures, chanting, meditation and sometimes even with the use of music. It is a vigorous and strenuous form of exercise which also emphasizes on philosophy.
This style of Yoga practice is very popular, especially in the US. A lot many Hollywood celebrities practise this form of Yoga. The founders have trained many individuals to become teachers who have spread this form in gyms and yoga studios all over the US.
How to Practice Jivamukti Yoga in Our Daily Routine?
- Practicing jivamukti yoga in your daily routine takes only a small amount of time. You have to just stand straight with the spine erect.
- Just put both the hands together similar to the standing posture of prayer. But, initially your legs should be together while you are in standing position. After you pray, then slowly stretch your left leg. At the same time, bend yourself towards right leg.
- If you are practicing jivamukti asana for the first time, then you might face some problem while stretching your legs. You can do this asana for about 5 minutes initially. Later on, you can do this according to your stability.
- One of the best ways of transforming yourself through jivamukti yoga is by practicing jivamukti yoga regularly. The strengths of jivamukti yoga are intelligent sequencing and creativity.
- The various things included in this asana are lot of back bending that is, bending both forward and backward, little body balancing and inversions while performing this asana. You can try this out either in the morning time or evening but preferably morning time at sunrise.
- Jivamukti yoga asana can be done by people of different age groups. But, jivamukti yoga is advisable to the people of intermediate level because at this age they are likely to mold and easily transform compared to other age groups.
- It is very important for each one of you to note that most of the asanas in yoga include salutations. The chaturangas include jumping forward and backward. So, for better results of such asanas, it is recommended to regularly practice jivamukti asana along with vinyasa yoga. Both these asanas are helpful in gaining physical fitness.