Health Benefits of Downwards Facing Dog Pose
Downwards Facing Dog pose in Yoga is known as Adho Mukh Svanasana. The meaning of Adho Mukh is facing downwards and Svana means dog in Sanskrit. The shape of the body while doing this pose becomes like a dog stretching with its front and back legs.
Downwards Facing Dog pose is one of the commonly done pose and it has several benefits which can boost your health in a significant way if done regularly. Inhaling and exhaling are very important in this pose. Due to proper breathing the stomach muscles are rejuvenated. Any pose will give benefit only when it is done regularly and the movements are done with accuracy.
Benefits of Downwards Facing Dog Pose
- The muscles are strengthened as the hamstring, shoulders, calves etc are stretched.
- This pose is beneficial for women having pain during menstrual cycle. So women can try this pose to diminish the menstrual pain.
- This pose energizes the body and brings the agility and vigor back in your life.
- This pose makes the digestive system more stabilized which improves digestion.
- This pose is very good for back related problems.
- This pose can prevent osteoporosis and other joint disorders.
- This pose provides calmness and thus it can relieve you from headache.
For achieving all these benefits you have to practice yoga dog pose regularly with proper balance and then you can become a calm and happy person. This is one of the best poses to do when you are tired. So start practicing this beneficial yoga pose and bring changes in your life.