Tips for Your Yoga Meditation Room
Do you know how to prepare a suitable room for your yoga meditation? A comfortable place for practicing yoga meditation is essential if you want to achieve the purpose of yoga, the uniting of both body and mind. Inside this article, we present you with information which might be useful for you to practice yoga meditation.
Tips for Yoga Meditation Room
- It would be better for you to have a separate room with lock and key.
- When you are ready to practice yoga meditation, never allow anyone and/or everyone to enter your mediation room.
- If you have to, keep your meditation room sacred.
- In case you cannot provide yourself with a proper room for yoga meditation and to exercise pranayama, take yourself in a corner of a quiet room and put a curtain to cover the place.
- Before you start pranayama and meditation, you should do puja regularly, physically and mentally.
- Keep your mind enlightened by providing yourself books, such as Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana, Yoga-Vasishtha, Upanishads, etc.
- Provide yourself a yoga mat or a blanket in order to help you practice yoga postures (asanas).
- Perform your asana along with meditation and pranayama.
- If you need to, you can make a raised platform made of cement or other ingredients.
- In the top of the platform, you may perform asanas.
- You should focus on your practice without care the disturbance of ants, small insects, mosquitos, etc.
- You should keep your head, neck and spine in a straight line when you perform asana. When you perform this posture correctly, your spinal cord which lies with your spinal column would be quite free.
Hopefully, by adopting the tips above, you will be able to perform your yoga meditation better along with pranayama and asanas.
In the next article, we write five fundamentals things to practice pranayama.