What are the Advantages of Yoga Bridge Pose?
Yoga bridge pose, technically called Setu Bandhasana is one of best asana for neck, chest, spinal cord and mind. The meaning of setu bandhasana is bridge construction pose. It is also an important asanas in many yoga series like Asthanga Yoga, Hatha yoga and others. Let us see more about the pose in this article.
Advantages of Yoga Bridge Pose
- Most importantly, it cultivate the awareness of the practitioners body in space. This is very important for a yoga in his practises
- It gives a balance between flexibility and strength
- It can be used as the best cure for depression. It calms the brain, central nerves system and the spinal muscles giving the ultimate stress release
- Props up postural positions
- Patients of Insomnia can have an increased sleep with in 10 days. Try this pose for 10 minutes before bed time
- It promotes a balanced position for your pelvis, this can prepare your postural muscles for any productive curative work
- Bridge pose will get rid of the unwanted muscle tension, especially in the shoulders ans the front part of the body
Unlike many other poses, the bridge pose will give a complete stretch for the whole body and the mind. It involves neck, spinal cord, legs and hands for balancing, and mind to control the breathing (inhale and exhale), this is very very important. One of the advantages of the bridge pose is, it can be modified according to the requirements and health conditions.
Instructions for Yoga Bridge Pose
- For beginners it is recommended to practise this pose in front of a trained yoga instructor, as it may create some problems if practised wrongly
- Lie on your back, bend your knees and bring the soles of your feet in parallel to your buttocks. Make sure that your feet remains parallel in the whole process
- Lift your hips up by interlacing your fingers behind your back. Press your hands on the floor and try making then straight
- Lift your hips even higher and roll the shoulders under
- Draw the chest towards your chin, and do not bring your chin closer to you chest
- Release your hands very slowly and bring down your back from upper part to the lower. Slowly straighten you legs and be at rest