Radical Expansion Yoga Poses Names – Sitting Twists, Inversions Poses
Can you remember all yoga poses along with their names, both in Sanskrit and English? Since there are so many yoga poses, if you are able to remember them all, you may consider yourself as a walking encyclopedia of yoga poses names. To be remembered, this is a compliment.
Yoga asanas (yoga poses) was a reference to the original poses of yoga along with meditation. The purpose of perform this action is to unite both mental and spiritual to a higher power. Asana is taken from Sanskrit word. Asana means to sitâ€. Nowadays, asana means any one of the numerous positions of yoga practitioner’s body in yogic exercise.
In yoga, the practitioner should integrate both Asana (posture) and Pranayama (the regulation, conversation and control of bio-energy). Therefore, it is compulsory to start all kinds of yoga asanas with meditation. In both meditation and yoga asanas, the practitioner should combine them with controlled breathing in order to acquire maximum benefit of yoga.
Nevertheless, it would be better for you to know the name of yoga poses which you exercise routinely first. From this point onwards, you will have a deeper meaning about the relation between yoga pose names with the purpose of specific posture.
Inside this article, we provide you with information about yoga poses names, especially sitting twists and inversions poses. All yoga poses names are written in both English and Sanskrit.
Happy learning about yoga poses names!
Radical Expansion Yoga Poses Names
- Ardha-Matsyendrasana Dvi – Half-fisherman II pose
- Ardha-Matsyendrasana Tri – Half-fisherman III pose
- Paripurna Matsyendrasana – (Full) Fiesherman pose / Macchanda’s pose
- Maricyasana Catur – Marichi’s pose IV
- Parivrtta Paschimottanasana – Rotated forward fold pose / Back extention pose
- Parivrtta Krauncasana – Rotated heron pose
- Padmasana in Sirsasana – Lotus pose in headstand pose
- Parsva Padmasana in Sirsasana
- Pindasana in Sirsasana – Embryo in headstand pose
- Sirsasana tri
- Niralamba Sarvangasana Eka – Unsupported shoulder stand I pose
- Niralamba Sarvangasana Dvi – Unsupported shoulder stand II pose
- Niralamba Sirsasana – Unsupported headstand pose
- Prasarita Hasta Sirsasana – Spread hands headstand pose
- Mukta Hasta Sirsasana – Free hand headstand pose
- Baddha Hasta Sirsasana – Bound hand headstand pose
- Parsva Sarvangasana
- Parsva Sarvangasana in Padmasana
- Pindasana – Embryo pose
- Eka-Pada Uttana Mayurasana – One foot upward peacock pose
- Uttana Mayurasana – Upward peacock pose / Peacock backbend pose
- Parsva Pindasana
- Uttana Padma-Mayurasana – Upward lotus peacock pose
In the next article, we will write about backbends poses names in radical expansion yoga poses.