Expanding Yoga Poses Names – Hand Balancing, Supine, Miscellaneous Poses
How good is your knowledge about yoga poses names? Can you tell the name of each yoga pose both in English and Sanskrit? Remembering yoga poses names is the part of yoga learning. When you are able to remember the names and able to perform them correctly, you have made significant progress in your yoga lesson.
Many great yoga teachers described asanas as a manner of sitting in steadiness and comfortable feeling to the practitioner. This has very important meaning for yoga practitioners. In practicing yoga, they should choose the most appropriate yoga pose for them since not every yoga pose are suitable for everyone. Guidance by an expert in yoga is important to ensure the progress of yoga skills development, avoid possible injuries and derive the maximum benefit of it.
Through this article, we give you with information about expanding yoga poses names, specifically hand balancing, supine and miscellaneous poses. We present these names in Sanskrit and English.
Happy learning about yoga poses names!
Expanding Yoga Poses Names
Hand balancing poses
- Dvi-Hasta Bhujasana – Two handed arm (balance) pose
- Lolasana – Swing pose / Pendulum pose
- Pincha-mayurasana – Peacock’s tail / Feather pose
- Tittibhasana – Insect pose / Flea pose / Firefly pose
- Tulasana – Scale pose
- Galavasana – Galava’s pose (son of Visvamitra)
- Dvi-pada Kaundinyasana – Two-footed Kaundinya’s pose
- Eka-Pada Kaundinyasana Eka – One-legged Kaundinya’s pose I
- Eka-Pada Kaundinyasana Dvi – One-legged Kaundinya’s pose II
- Eka-Pada Bakasana Eka – One-legged crane pose I
- Eka-Pada Bakasana Dvi – One-legged crane pose II
- Parsva Bakasana – Side crane pose
- Eka-pada Galavasana
- Mayurasana – Peacock pose
- Kapinjalikasana – Baby kapinjala pose (heathcock bird; associated with the chataka bird that lives only in raindrops)
- Kasyapasana – Kashyapa’s pose
- Visvamitrasana – Vishwamitra’s pose
- Mayurasana in Padmasana
- Eka-Hasta Mayurasana – One handed peacock pose
- Hamsasana – Swan pose / Goose pose
Supine and Miscellaneous pose
- Ekapada Supta Virasana – One-footed supine hero’s pose
- Anantasana – Infinite serpent pose
- Urdhva-prasarita-Padasana – Upward stretched feet pose
In the upcoming article, we will write about radical expansion yoga poses names.