Basic Yoga Poses Names – Sitting Twists and Backbend Poses
Are you a yoga practitioner? If you are, do you remember all the names of yoga poses, both English and Sanskrit? If you want to be a yoga expertise, it would be better for you to know all the names of yoga poses, both Sanskrit and English. By knowing these names, you will have a deeper understanding about why a pose of yoga use this name and then you may transfer your knowledge to others who have the same interest.
Continuing our previous articles, we will provide you with names of basic yoga poses. These yoga poses names will be written in both English and Sanskrit.
The yoga poses names written in this articles are as follows:
- Sitting twists poses
- Backbend poses
The same as previous articles, these poses are still inside the group of basic yoga poses. Each of these poses has many forms to be exercised. Remember these names poses and find out how to practice them to improve your healthiness.
Sitting Twists Poses
- Ardha Matsyendrasana Eka (with upodghata) – Half fisherman pose I (with preparation)
- Bharadvajasanan Eka – Bharadvaja pose I
- Bharadvajasana Dvi – Bharadvaja pose II
- Maricyasana Twi (with upodghata) – Marichi’s pose III (with preparation)
- Parivrtta Maricyasana Eka – Rotated marichi’s pose I
- Parivrtta Sukhasana – Rotated easy pose
- Urdhva Dhanurasana – Upward bow pose
- Setubandha Sarvangasana – Bridge building all limbs pose
- Utrasana – Camel pose
- Purvottanasana – Front upward extension pose
- Supta Virasana – Supine hero’s pose
- Eka-Pada Rajakapotanasana Eka – One legged royal pigeon pose I
- Eka-Pada Rajakapotanasana Dvi – One legged royal pigeon pose II
- Dhanurasana – Bow pose
- Ekapada Bhekasana – One foot frog pose
- Urdhva-mukha Svanasana – Upward facing dog
- Bhujangasana – Cobra pose / Snake pose
- Salabhasana – Locust pose
In the next article, we will write basic yoga poses names for hand balancing, supine and miscellaneous poses.