Yoga Basic Poses: Table Pose and Triangle Pose
Do you know how to perform table pose and triangle pose? These two yoga basic poses are considered as easy to perform, especially for table pose. If you are one of our regular readers, you should already know about how to perform table pose.
Table pose is a basic pose that frequently used as the starting point for many other basic yoga poses. Even if table pose is quite simple, it is still important for you to learn proper pose.
One thing to remember every time you practice yoga asanas is take your time. Do not push yourself, develop yourself bit by bit and always self-evaluate. Ask your family members, friends and/or colleagues to add more fun and happiness in your yoga practice. Practicing yoga poses together would be beneficial to enhance your skills and abilities.
In this article, we offer you two yoga basic poses; they are table pose and triangle pose.
Optimistically, the information given inside this article would give you positive feedback in many aspects of your life.
Happy yoga exercising!
Yoga Basic Poses – Table Pose and Triangle Pose
The steps to perform table pose are as follows:
- Spread a blanket or yoga mat on the floor
- Put both of your hands and knees on blanket/yoga mat
- Take both of your knees and hip width apart
- Lay your feet at the back of your knees
- Bring your arms underneath your shoulder and make sure that your fingers facing forward
- Look down and be sure to make your back in a straight line
- Put your weight into your palms to drop your shoulders slightly away from your ears
- Push your tail-bone to the back wall
- Be sure to make the top of your head to the front wall to lengthen your spine
Benefits of Table Pose
- Lengthen your spine
- Realign your spine
What Table Pose Looks Like
- A table
- A square
- A box
Triangle Pose (also known as Trikonasana)
The steps to perform triangle pose are as follows:
- Spread a blanket or a yoga mat on the floor
- Spread your legs wide on the blanket/mat
- Turn your left foot in about 60 degrees
- Extent your right foot straight out
- Bring your muscular energy to both your legs and arms
- Extent your trunk over to your right leg
- Bring your right hand to the right ankle or blanket/mat
- Extend your left arm up over your head
- Look at your fingertips
- Switch your position
Benefits of Triangle Pose:
- Strengthens your leg muscles
- Strengthens your ankles
- Builds your chest
- Opens your chest
What Triangle Pose Looks Like:
- A triangle
- A leaning tree
In the next article, we will write about some other yoga basic poses.