Yoga Basic Pose: Rabbit Pose
Do you know how to perform rabbit pose, one of the yoga basic pose? Do you know about the benefits you will derive by performing rabbit pose? As a yoga practitioner, it would be good for you to know about things that you do thoroughly as it will be useful as well to others. If you are not a yoga practitioner, yoga still good for you to keep your healthiness.
Therefore, practicing and having basic knowledge of yoga basic poses absolutely beneficial for you.
Back to the first paragraph, this article is meant to give information about how to perform rabbit pose. Enjoy your reading as well as practicing the asana. Optimistically, the information presented through this article would give you help in a lot of aspects of your life.
Happy yoga exercising!
Yoga Basic Pose – Rabbit Pose (also known as Sasangasana)
Before you perform rabbit pose, it would be better for you to perform table pose first in order to have the best result.
The steps to perform table pose are as follows:
- Spread a blanket or yoga mat on the floor
- Put both of your hands and knees on blanket/yoga mat
- Take both of your knees hip width apart
- Place your feet at the back of the knees
- Bring the arms beneath the shoulder and make sure that the fingers facing forward
- Look down and let your back to be flat
- Press into the palms to drop your shoulders slightly away from your ears
- Press your tail bone to the back wall
- Make the crown of the head to the front wall to stretch the spine
After you finish with the table pose, you may continue with the following steps:
- Place your hands on your ankles
- Arch your back
- Tuck your head underneath
- Place gentle weight on your head
Benefits of Rabbit Pose
- Stretches your back
- Stretches your arms
- Stretches your neck
What Rabbit Pose Looks Like
- A rabbit
- A mound
- A butter ball
In the next article, we will write about another yoga basic pose