Yoga Basic Pose: Head to Knee Pose
Do you know how to perform head to knee pose? How much benefits you have known that you will derive by performing head to knee pose? Be sure you have sufficient knowledge about yoga asanas, especially if you are a yoga practitioner.
Having sufficient knowledge about yoga basic pose, especially head to knee pose would be beneficial for your self-development.
In this recent article, we provide you with information about how to perform this yoga basic pose – the head to knee pose as well as the benefits.
Optimistically, you will derive valuable information which is presented in this article to many aspects of your life.
Happy yoga exercising!
Yoga Basic Pose – Head to Knee Pose (also known as Janu Shirsasana)
The steps to exercise head to knee pose are as follows:
- Spread a blanket or yoga mat on the floor
- Sit on the blanket/mat and elevate your sit bone
- Stretch the left leg out of your hip joint
- Bend the right knee and put the bottom of the foot against your inner left thigh
- Draw in with your inner thighs and extend out through your feet
- Extend forward and bring your chest to your thigh
Be careful when you perform this pose since you may have knee and low back injuries.
Benefits of Head to Knee Pose
- Stretches your spine
- Stretches your hamstrings
- Stretches your groins
- Stretches your back muscles
- Tones your kidneys and liver
- Improves your digestion
- Helps relieves symptoms of menopause
- Helps heal gastric ailments
- Relieves headache, fatigue, anxiety and menstrual discomfort
- Therapeutic for depression, insomnia and high blood pressure
What Head to Knee Pose Looks Like
- An arrow
In the next article, we will write about another yoga basic pose – upward bow pose.