Yoga Basic Pose: Hero Pose
According to your mind, do you know how to perform hero pose? If you do not know, cannot imagine how it is look like and would like to perform hero pose, you can get the knowledge by reading this article.
Similar to other yoga poses, hero pose has so many benefits. If you combine this yoga pose with yoga breathing technique, you will gain more valuable benefits of yoga.
As a matter of fact, every yoga pose should be started with meditation first. It would be better for the practitioners if they are not jump into the asanas (yoga poses).
Hopefully, the information given in this article would give you benefits in many aspects of your life.
Happy yoga exercising!
Hero Pose (also known as Virasana)
Here are the steps to perform hero pose:
- Spread a blanket or yoga mat on the floor
- Begin your practice by kneeling
- Bring your legs and feet slightly out to the side of your leg
- Make your toes pointing back
- Gently sit back as comfortable as you can
- Make both ankles and toes active
To change your pose into Reclining Hero Pose (Supta Virasana), lay your body down as far as comfortable.
Benefits of Hero Pose:
- Calms your mind
- Removes your fatigue
- Stretches your quads
- Stretches your thighs
- Encourage deep breathing and calm heart
- Good for your knees
- Opens your chest
- Relieves stomach problems
What Hero Pose Looks Like:
Someone who is tired and wants to take a nap
In the next article, we will write about lion pose.