Do you know the Benefits of Corpse Pose?
Most of the yoga practitioners think corpse pose to be non beneficial, but it is entirely other way around. Actually, in this pose we experience the flow of energy in the body.
Benefits of Practicing Corpse Pose in Yoga
- For yoga beginners, yoga Corpse pose is the easiest one to practise
- According to the masters and gurus, it is not just an easy pose, but also a very important pose in the yoga practise
- This asana gives an opportunity for your body to relax
- If you meditate in this position, it relaxes each and every nerve of the body and improves your respiration.
- Clean circulatory and respiratory systems result in a better refreshing life
How to Practise Corpse Pose
- Sit down on the floor and extend your legs straight in front of you
- Lean backwards on the elbows
- Now slowly lower your back until you are flat
- Gently stretch your legs apart and relax them
- Gently stretch the arms out on the floor, generally a foot away from body. Keep the palms facing upwards and relax
- Keep the shoulders down away from your ears
- Close the eyes and breath steadily
- Now relax your entire body and feel the parts of your body
- Hold in the pose for about 15 minutes and try to calm your mind
- If you know how to meditate, you can practise it in this position. Doing so has great benefits
- When you are getting out of the pose, first bend your knees, then using the legs push yourself to one side
- Stay on the side for few moments
- Use your hands to push yourself slowly to a sitting position
- You can practise this pose before and after the practise of other asanas