Ujjayi Pranayama is a special technique of breathing. It is a way of getting access to universal energy. It is also referred to as Ocean breath.
In Pranayama a friction of air in the throat is inhaled. This is one technique that gives inner energy to master physical activities. And practicing yoga can also be helpful in growing muscular stamina.
Art of breathing:
Ujjayi Pranayama is breathing through nostrils: giving four to five counts while inhaling, and four to five counts while exhaling. While performing this exercise your body becomes a musical instrument and your ears and mind listens and fine tune’s to creates a typical sound. Which is different from the sound produced by larynx. Hence, the name Ujjayi Pranayama.
How to practice Ujjayi Prayanama:
- While inhaling, make sure you take a deep,slow and long breath
- Inhale only through your nostrils, do not breath through mouth.
Breath gently and in a relaxed way
- Make the sound “sssss” while inhaling, but keep it low, pleasing and smooth to ears.
- While exhaling generate a smooth and constant sound â€˜hhhha’
Benefits of Ujjayi Prayanama:
- Controls blood pressure and heart rate.
- Enhances body mechanism
- Improves the performance of the nervous system
- Keeps you active all the time
- Cures diseases like asthma and tuberculosis
- Helps in proper functioning of the respiratory system.
- Points to remember while performing Ujjayi Pranayama
- Do not perform this action in a polluted area. Perform it in a garden where there are lots of trees.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Do not wear tight and heavy clothes