Yoga for Flat Abs
Most people hit the gym or spend time doing sit ups and crunches to get those washboard abs. Yoga not only has asanas that can strengthen your abdominal muscles but also have certain cleansing kriyas, physical exercises, postures and breathing exercises that can literally crush the bulge of your belly. Yoga for flat abs involves tremendous practice of poses or asanas, which strengthen the core muscles, and flows or vinyasas, which increase the heart rate in order to burn the fat.
Yoga for Flat Abs – Yogic Asanas
These asanas are particularly great for your abs
- Eka Pada Baka Dhyanasana – One legged crane meditative pose
- Mayurasana – Peacock pose
- Surya Namaskar – Sun Salutations
- Dhanurasana – Bow pose
- Kakasana – Crow pose
- Padahastasana – Standing forward bend
- Sarvangasana – Shoulder Stand
- Halasana – the Plough Pose
- Chakrasana – the Wheel pose
In addition to this, you should also focus on cleansing your colon. For this, you should perform the cleansing kriyas that will detoxify your body.
- Vaman dhauti (every day for a month)
- Shanka Prakshalana (once a week for a month)
Breathing exercises to burn abdominal fat:
Take a breach from crunches and practice yoga for flat abs. As you practice these above poses, you will be engaging your core muscles and concentrating on breathing and balance. When you fail to hold a particular pose for a long time, do not worry. Each time you do, strength is in-built in the body. Try to hold each pose for at-least 10 breaths.