Top Reasons to Practice Yoga
Yoga is the latest cult that has taken over everyone from a commoner to Hollywood celebrities. They all swear by the wonders that Yoga is doing for their body and mind. If you think that ain’t reason enough for you take up Yoga, here are lots more to drive you into the Yoga cult. Go through the following to know the top reasons to practice yoga.
- Yoga increases the flexibility of your body, lubricates your joints, tones your muscles, and stretches your ligaments.
- Some Yoga poses like the forward bend can tone your tummy.
- Yoga poses improve your posture and restore the elasticity of your spine.
- Yoga poses like shoulder-stand and headstand improve the blood flow to your brain resulting in improved memory.
- Most Yoga postures have a massaging effect on the internal glands and organs of your body, which enhances their performance and efficiency.
- Regular meditation calms your mind and alleviates anxiety and depression.
- Pranayama expands your lung capacity and improves the flow of the prana or vital energy through your body.
- Yoga can lead to spiritual self-realization.
More Top Reasons to Practice Yoga
- Yoga is for everyone, regardless of your cultural, social or economic status. Every person, healthy, sick, old or young can practice yoga and adapt it to their individual needs.
- Yoga relieves stress and gives instant benefits by helping you renew your enthusiasm and positivity.
- Yoga is safe and does not put any strain on your muscles, joints and heart if practiced properly.
- Yoga improves your respiratory system and helps you breath fully and easily. It increases your intake of oxygen and your physical and mental well-being.
- Yoga aids digestion of food, assimilation of nutrients and eliminates toxins.
- Yoga needs no expensive equipment or gear. It’s easy and inexpensive.
- Yoga helps you channelize your energy in a positive direction.
- Yoga improves the quality of your sleep and helps you wake up refreshed.
- Yoga helps you feel peaceful and spiritually high.
- Most importantly, yoga is fun to practice.
These are the top reasons to practice yoga. Hope you have understood yoga importance and the need to take it up.