Yoga for Teenagers
Teenage is a time when, as often quoted a sea of emotional and hormonal changes takes place in both girls and females. And as if this is not all, they are pressurized with their studies and work. It does good for teens to chill out with yoga to rejuvenate themselves. Yoga for teenagers is an effective cure.
Yoga for Teenagers – Asanas that Help
- Asanas that help include virasana, swastikasana, simhasana, shunmukhi mudra, viparitikarni mudra, sarvangasana, shirshasana, suptkonasana, nadishoddhana pranayama, sitkari, sheetali pranayama and trataka karma.
- Relaxation techniques such as shavasana, vamangasana, dakshinasana, yoga nidra, pranadharna and nispadbhava encourage the child to get to the root cause of his/her anxiety and worry. It can develop the child’s spontaneity and help him achieve a balanced and trained mind.
- Fear of failure can be overcome through the practice of marichiasana, pashasana, bharadvajasana, upavistakonasana, suptkurmasana and bhadkonasana, sahaj ujjayi pranayama, kagadivya pranayama, bhramari (internal pranayama). Mind, body and soul integration through rangachikitsa (colour therapy) helps expand consciousness.
- Surya namaskara channelises youthful energy and enhances the endocrine function to stimulate proper structural, physiological, psychological, emotional and spiritual growth.
- Extremes of behavior can be regulated through inverted postures such as halasana, karnapidasana, viparitadandasana and sethubandhasana.
- Lethargy, a common trait in the growing child, can be addressed through janushirshasana, paschimatanasana, ardha baddha padma paschimauttanasana, trianga mukhaekpada paschimauttanasana and padmasana with gyan mudra.
- Asanas that boost the teenager’s confidence are lolasana, navasana, bhujapidsana, ashthavakrasana, tittibhasana, bakasana, garudasana, natrajasana, vrikshasana, urdhwahasta-ardha-padmasana, urdhwa prasarita ekpadasanan and vatayanasana.
A crucial phase in life, adolescence is the golden stage which if nurtured well will lead to a healthy, developed individual. Thus, yoga for teenagers has many more benefits that helps a teenager to grow beautifully.